Today most people will be stuffing their faces with a lot of carbs and spending time with loved ones. As for me, tomorrow will be a time of cooking, eating and reflection. So here are a few things that I am thankful for:
- Life: It does not matter if I had a shitty day or that things did not go my way, I am just fortunate to see another day. Just scrolling through my Facebook news feeds a couple of weeks ago, I read a lot of statuses of friends losing their friends. Even though I was saddened by those unfortunate events, I realized that life is a GIFT that we should treasure each and every DAY- no matter what.
- Mother:Words can’t describe how thankful I am to have her in my life. Not only is she strong but her drive, passion and intelligence makes me lucky to have her in my life. We may disagree on some things, I always listen to her advice and keep them as my own. God truly blessed me!
- Friends: What would I do without my girlfriends? Some of them have been lacking in communication (cough cough) you know who you are; but despite that, I have been fortunate to have my bestie and J to keep me sane when the going gets tough. I love you chicas and I can’t wait to see you guys again soon!
- Family: My familia means a lot to me. We may not see each other as much as we like but when we do it’s a celebration EVERY time!
- Opportunities: Ones lost, others missed and the ones yet to be seen. Graduating from college has taught me a lot about myself and the where I see myself career wise. I have had experiences that were negative and frustrating and others that inspired me to achieve more.
So as you spend time with your family and loved ones, take a minute and reflect on what 2012 has taught you and what you are thankful for. I hope you guys enjoy your day and happy holidays from me and my family to yours!!